Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Yale SOM Interview

Was. A. Blast.

I have never enjoyed an interview so much! Driving an hour north to meet the Yale alum, we settled ourselves over freshly made hot chocolate at Starbucks - to soothe two chocoholics' souls. Sorebrek and I once discussed the benefits of having an interviewer of the opposite sex, but this was one time where my interviewer being the same gender seemed to play to my advantage.

My interviewer and I were drawing connections on every level! From both studying the same major in college and our similar work experience (she spent several years at a competitor company and knew the industry well), all the way down to the craziness of sorority life and our annoying face blemishes - a pimple decided to sprout on my chin the night before and a fresh, new scab glared back at me from her forehead. "Don't ask," she said shaking her head in embarrassment. We both laughed.

After covering "why mba" and "why yale," the conversation took an interesting turn, and we discussed our frustrations with technology marketing. Then a flurry of brainstorming began as we batted marketing ideas across the table for both of our companies.

I walked away feeling empowered by our discussion - or maybe I was just high on cocoa beans. :-)


Stanford finally turned "Your application is complete and currently under review" yesterday. Chicago interview is a week away.

11 Comments:

Blogger sorebrek said...

Awesome! Sounds like a meeting of sisters of the ZitZit sisterhood (psst - I belong to the same 'hood, though a brother).

February 07, 2006 2:56 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

cool. any chance of adding your report to the admissions wiki ?

February 07, 2006 4:15 PM  
Blogger brownoski said...

Glad to hear you had a great interview experience for Yale. I'm most likely gonna end up going there (Rd 1 admit from Bay Area) so hope to see you there this fall.

February 07, 2006 4:20 PM  
Blogger SgHama said...

That's awesome! I think chocolate has to be THE connection between girls, and I guess well... anything that would mar perfect skin. You applied to 9 schools?????? OMG

February 07, 2006 4:31 PM  
Blogger FooBarMe said...

Congrats on your good interview. A connection with the interview is the "key" to a successful interview. As I look back to my berkeley interview I am not sure I had that "connection" thing going...ah... i got to focus on the upcomming tepper interview.

Oh..Best of Luck for Stanford. I have lost all hope for Stanford. It will be almost a month next week ( since my status changed) and I do not think that there is invite for me :(

February 07, 2006 4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with your forthcoming GSB interview

February 07, 2006 5:19 PM  
Blogger i_will_make_it said...

Thanks for the tip, alex. I've requested for a wiki account.

February 08, 2006 10:31 AM  
Blogger i_will_make_it said...

Thanks for the support, Brad! Hope all is well for you. Cheers!

February 08, 2006 10:48 AM  
Blogger Jerry Blank said...

Glad to hear your interview went well. Good luck!

February 11, 2006 9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have completed my graduation with 49.5% marks. Can i got a top ranked MBA college through MAT exam. MBA Admission 2012

April 02, 2012 11:56 PM  
Anonymous trigonometry homework said...

After putting all those ideas we would be delighted to regard about more of the vital ideas which are said to be important and will almost conform more of the opinions.

August 23, 2016 7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home