Thursday, November 10, 2005

Need My Daily Caffeine

That is the last time I'll be at the Starbucks on Capital Ave. on a workday morning.

Wait in line: 10 minutes.
Order time: 10 seconds.
Wait for the drink: 20 minutes.

Total: 30 minutes (and 10 secs) of standing in my 3 1/2-inch boots - a girl cannot live without her boots! - while enduring the high-pitched voice of the lady behind me yap about how amazing it is to get a quick job through monster.com.

The Starbucks in Fremont - Mission & AutoMall Pkwy - are way less crowded, and I can be in and out w/ my steaming tall non-fat peppermint mocha (no whip please) in 2 min tops. Staying up until 3 AM everyday pounding out these apps, morning caffeine is becoming my daily dietary need (and alternative to red bull) to keep my drowsy eyes awake and alert throughout 3-hour design meetings.

There is a God.


On the MBA front, Kellogg interview is next Friday. Meeting the alum at his office. If you haven't checked it out yet, go to Accepted.com's Interview Database.

One Stanford recommendation is in! Two more to go. C, you are AWESOME. Need to get her a gift! Less than 2 months to go for RD2! Good luck, y'all!

3 Comments:

Blogger MBA Cutie said...

I want to leave New York City, thus, I'm not really considering Stern or Columbia. I grew up in the bay area too ! (Fremont) I want to come home!

November 11, 2005 6:16 AM  
Blogger Marina said...

Your post made me think of that new Comcast commercial where the girl orders a latte and before the barista guy has a chance to even turn around say "Excuse me, where is my latte?" :)

Good luck with the Kellogg interview! I am still waiting for my email. grrr

November 11, 2005 9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey kathy!
Hehe your daily blog is so cute. Good luck w/ your MBA apps and interviews. You are oneeee smart girl, so maybe you won't need any luck after all. Take careee!

-Crystal :)

November 11, 2005 10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home