Thursday, January 19, 2006

Necessities of Life

  1. The basics: food, shelter, clothing.
  2. $$ to pay the bills and buy all the other “girlie” things that I love.
  3. People – family, friends, significant others, the friendly lady at Starbucks, the paparazzi, the policeman, my banker, my lawyer, the adorable little boy that lives down the block and calls me “jie jie” (older sister), …
    My dad once told me: “If you’re the only one left living on this earth, you wouldn’t be able to survive.” He’s right.
  4. Karaoke machines – or I might go crazy. It’s a wonder China hasn’t started a “Zhong Guo Ming Xin” (“Chinese Idol”) tv show. Or has it?
  5. Education – umm… e = mc^2 ??
  6. Love – and with it: respect, integrity, and encouragement.
  7. Donations – not just $$, but also organs, blood, a finger, a toe, an eyeball...

  8. And an interview invite with Chicago GSB!! :-D

8 Comments:

Blogger Single said...

hey congrats! that'll be the first post-submit, right?

January 19, 2006 2:49 PM  
Blogger FooBarMe said...

Congratulations!! This is great news. So when is it scheduled?

January 19, 2006 3:47 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

Awesome! Best of luck :)

January 19, 2006 4:55 PM  
Blogger sorebrek said...

That is a funny post! I have a feeling that list might change soon ;-)

January 20, 2006 1:20 PM  
Blogger FooBarMe said...

I applied to the Haas EWMBA program. All the schools that I have applied to are part time except Stanford.

January 20, 2006 3:08 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

I kind of feel that I earned these short "work" days by working 16 hour days when I was at Deloitte :)

Btw. I have not bought the book yet. My birthday is in March so I figured it can be a good gift suggestion for the men in my family - who have no imagination of their own. Let me know once you start reading it!

January 24, 2006 11:12 AM  
Blogger Anuj said...

Congrats and best of luck for the interviews :)

January 25, 2006 2:28 AM  
Blogger MBABlogger said...

How did you manage to put in so many applications :) Best of luck

January 25, 2006 2:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home