Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Times like this...

... prioritization really does take first place. It's like holding a book in one hand while simultaneously juggling 9 balls in the other. The book is my sanity. The balls are all my commitments: work, MBA applications, community service, travel (professional and personal), etc. I'm waiting for the circus clown to waddle out from the curtain wings, give a shriek of laughter, and *poof* have the magician wave the magic wand and it's March 2006 when I'll know if I've been accepted/rejected. Then I can plan my life and career from there.

Enjoyed a weekend in Chicago at the GSB Fall Preview! Truly enlightened by the well-prepared organization of events for prospective students. Chicago's adcom is really on top of the ball. I really encourage other MBA seekers to explore Fall Preview next year if applying for '09 or later. Hopefully other schools will organize events like this. I know Sloan has their daily Ambassador Programs. Hopefully I can make it out to Cambridge sometime. I still have yet to explore Boston and Irish pubs. I signed up for most of Stanford's events last May: student lunch, class visit, tour, and info session. I think the most important aspect of attending these events is getting a feel for each program's environment through the students, classes, and campus. It also helps solidify your motivation for going to a particular school - plus aids tremendously in the essays!

If you know you want a MBA then jump on it now. Don't be a procrastinator like I was. It's never too early to start your research - but cramming it as deadlines are approaching like I am will kick you in the butt. I knew I wanted a MBA 4 years ago but got lazy when it came to research. Talk about working under pressure now... ack.

Perhaps I should whip out the pom-pom's stashed at the back of my closet from my cheerleading days and perform a little song and dance: "G-S-B! G-S-B! You-need-me!"

Or maybe I'm just a fool.

1 Comments:

Blogger RusGirl said...

You are not! :)
Great piece of advice, so thank you and keep going!

November 02, 2005 12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home