Saturday, October 15, 2005

Essays...

1 AM and still working on a Friday night. Well, technically Saturday morning now.

Explain the path that has led you to pursue an MBA...

I know I'm probably aiming for too many schools, but then there's that feeling in the back saying I might regret if I didn't try. All the schools are awesome. Of course my top two choices are the University of Chicago and Stanford. Chicago especially for its academic rigor and competitive nature to challenge myself in the GSB environment. Stanford especially for its culture, connection to the Silicon Valley, and strong general management program. If I could get into either of the GSB's, I would fall to the floor and kiss your feet. Ha, you wish. No. But I would definitely be flying on high sky.

What matters most to you, and why?

Sometimes it can get so nerve-racking talking to my boss about the recommendations. The first time I approached her about it, I had to think very thoroughly about what to say as not to sound like, "I'm outtie. Sayonara!" but to make a compelling argument for why its my time to head back to school without her taking offense or feeling like I'm really leaving... yet. I tried to find comforting words to show that my heart is still in my professional work though I might be quitting in a year. Eek. Whew! I felt like I was gently breaking in a horse for its first ride, speaking soothing words...

To be successful in life, you must be able to distinguish between fleeting trend and genuine innovation. Tell us of a time when you had to make such as a distinction. What, if anything, would you have done differently?

This Chicago question is really tough. I wonder what % of applicants will answer it? I can't come up with any examples myself. Hmm...

I think my brain is fried for the night. 'Til morning.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi there

we are competing on at least 4 schools - chicago, mit, stanford kellogg

and btw - i picked the fleeting trend chicago essay.

have 3 essay ready to go. 1st essay in writing

November 10, 2005 1:45 PM  
Anonymous paraphrasing service online said...

The ideas will almost help students to think of even more regarded opportunities which are going to help them in the future and hopefully these will bring around more of the interest among them.

August 19, 2016 9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home