Saturday, March 04, 2006

Sloan Interview

After reading the info on ClearAdmit's Wiki and Accepted.com that Sloan interviewers can be "poker-faced," I prepared for the worst. Surprisingly, the adcom lady who interviewed me was very personable. If she hadn't been exhausted from a day's work (I was her last interview of the day), I might have even described her as "bubbly." :-)

As brownoski had warned me, the first thing she did was rip open my transcripts. "Let's see here..." (*gulp* Not my lowest grade! Please don't bring up that class!) I received a couple quick and *painless* questions.

Next was the juicy stuff. "Tell me about a project at work that you co-managed... How did you feel?... What would you say the impact was to the client?... How did they react?"

- "Tell me about a project at work within the last year that you're proud of... What did you specifically learn from it?"
- "What's a personal goal you've set for yourself within the last 2 years?"
- "Why Sloan?"
- "I read about [this] in your app and loved the story behind it. Can you tell me more about it?... How did the members feel about that?... Why did you fail at that point?... How do you feel about the outcome?"
- "Why do you want to go to the east coast?... Are you sure you wouldn't mind moving east?" <- It seems most Californians are all about Cali pride. Totally understandable. West Coast, babyyyy!! lol.

Then it was over. We both walked to our cars, shook hands, and bid each other adieu. "Decisions will be out April 3rd" was the last thing I heard her say.

13 Comments:

Blogger Alex said...

sounds like a great experience, good luck!

March 04, 2006 2:14 AM  
Blogger Rajat said...

sounds like a winning interview to me too. Good luck.

March 04, 2006 2:27 AM  
Blogger SgHama said...

Another one bites the dust. You are on fire! Good luck with your applications.

Btw I didn't travel all over Asia just to have my interviews (def can't afford it esp with b-school loans just 6 months away). I just scheduled them wherever I happened to be at the time. I'm in Tokyo for work so did my W interview here =)

March 04, 2006 2:43 AM  
Blogger Forrest Gump said...

Cant admire your interviewing skills enough. You rock !

You will gonna have a tough time (or perhaps not) choosing between the stellar schools....because , I dont see anyone of them refusing you an admit :)

have a great weekend....

March 04, 2006 7:21 AM  
Blogger Marina said...

You are an interviewing rockstar! It is funny how you get ALL women interviewers!

March 04, 2006 9:49 AM  
Blogger BigAppleNosh said...

Sounds like you did great! I think we should celebrate when this whole process is over with some sugar shock - there's this dessert buffet in Boston that's to die for. A bit of a trek? Yes, lol. Worth it? I think so!

By the way, your comment on my blog cracked me up. ;o)

March 04, 2006 2:39 PM  
Blogger MJ said...

you might as well start updating your blog...change some of those "Interviewed" to admitted! you're on a roll. sounds like a great interview!

(if you're the superstitious kind, i don't want to jinx it, so i'll "knock on wood")

March 04, 2006 4:33 PM  
Blogger MBABlogger said...

wow :) Great show again !!! All the best

March 05, 2006 10:18 AM  
Blogger brownoski said...

awesome job! By getting the last interview of the day, you definitely left a lasting impression. How did you answer the California question? I don't know if it's Cali pride, but you can't beat the weather/people out here!

March 05, 2006 11:22 PM  
Blogger Meru SAVARNI said...

whoa!
THis is almost like American Idol, with Simon saying "yours is the most sweetest voice i've heard since this competition began"....enjoy!

But i bet you won't join MIT...i think you would go for STANFORD...

How much i wish they just gave me that invite ??? how memorably much???

March 06, 2006 6:17 AM  
Blogger sorebrek said...

I dreamt last night that I was mud-wrestling with hot twins. Please let this and other MBA bloggers' dreams come true! ;-)

How're you? Waiting on any more interview invites or are you all done?

March 06, 2006 2:51 PM  
Blogger MJ said...

thanks for the wishes but no it wasn't my b'day :). had more to do with visa issues. it's complicated so i won't bore you with that stuff....but yeah, the @%*#^&% DMV didn't mail me a warning notice!

so i've been meaning to ask you..how do you live with your self? no interview invite from Anderson? you unworthy, underachieving girl, i pity you!!!

March 06, 2006 5:16 PM  
Blogger sorebrek said...

No more coyote dates. On cloud nine right now - fighting chills and fever (apparently not a flu, so I cannot get sick days off), blocked toilet, missing documents, INS appt tomorrow for lost green-card - gee I lead a full life :-(

March 06, 2006 11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home