Friday, June 09, 2006

Talk About Lazy Days...

I have sailed off in the same boat as Marina and MBA Jackass, riding the waves of summer laziness. And, this may be my final summer under the Californian sun...

With the move ahead who knows where I may end up in the future? Return to the Bay Area? Stay in Chicago? East Coast? Asia? Europe? Australia? My 1st-year internship, my new career, my future family... I'm open to the possibilities.

In the meantime, my summer laziness has brought many summer surprises:

EVENTS

  • Jun. 11: Girls For A Change Closing Ceremony @ San Jose Tech Museum (I will miss my Mission San Jose High School team! *sniff*)
  • Jun. 13: Friend visiting from New York.
  • Jun. 16: 2006 GMAC® Conference Event with Marina
  • Jun. 17: Friend visiting from Boston.
  • Jun. 21: Chicago GSB Class of 2008 Bay Area Event #2!
  • Jun. 22: Girls For A Change Coach Thank-You Party
WRAP UP
  • Taking a Community College Accounting class to prep for b-school.
  • Seeing every possible doctor before I lose my medical insurance. (An allergy test shows I'm allergic to cockroaches!! Funny!)
  • Filing for financial aid. $140K debt, here I come!
VISITING FAMILY
  • Mid-July: Shanghai
  • Early August: Tokyo
  • Mid-August: Taipei
SCHOOL
  • Jun. 23: Next Stanford GSB update (Jun. 1st update: Still waitlisted)
  • Jul. 14: Final MIT Sloan update
  • Sept. 5: Chicago GSB LEAD begins

10 Comments:

Blogger Marina said...

Isn't it crazy how soon school starts? When is your last day of work?

June 09, 2006 12:19 PM  
Blogger brownoski said...

You should come down and visit So Cal and share the lazy summer here too!

June 09, 2006 2:29 PM  
Blogger MBABlogger said...

Now this explains why you are taking so long to reply to emails :) Sounds like a lot of activity and fun for lazy days !!Good luck for June 23rd !!

June 09, 2006 10:14 PM  
Blogger Le Voyageur said...

IWMI: Sounds like you're making the most of your time before LOE. BTW, I went to MSJ as well! Small world. ;)

June 10, 2006 5:39 PM  
Blogger fromcali said...

would you go to MIT or Stanford if you got off of those waitlists?

June 11, 2006 5:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the update -- keep us posted

June 12, 2006 12:47 PM  
Blogger Bschool Diva said...

I hope Stanford come through for you.

June 15, 2006 8:18 AM  
Blogger MJ said...

that packed schedule is your idea of summer laziness :)?

June 15, 2006 1:31 PM  
Blogger SgHama said...

Sounds like an eventful summer! What are you going to do in Tokyo? =)

July 10, 2006 7:23 PM  
Blogger anupavi said...


Nice message with lots of information included in the posting.
if you may be interested in ,please refer to


ios app development company in chennai

September 26, 2017 4:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home