Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Talking in Rhymes

I have a friend who enjoys talking in rhymes. After my Haas interview, I sent him this fun note. (Yes - I am going full-time!)

"The interview was interesting,
Same yet different from the others.
Some things were missing,
And some things were covered.

"She asked the usual career questions,
But then I learned a few new lessons.
That part-time has a different quality,
I may have went in with the wrong mentality.

"'Why part-time over full-time?' she made me ponder,
I spewed out [my answer] about a corporate sponser.
But one thing I kept seeing branded in her eyes,
The words 'You're so young' had me hypnotized.

"The more I discovered the more I found,
That full-time programs I am definitely bound.
Every question I asked her she batted with a fist,
'Time is your limitation!' she repeated with no twist.

"A'las I stood up and shook her hand,
'Good day' and a nod I walked out of Haas land.
Without turning back I increased the gap,
With a quiet word, I will withdraw the app."

13 Comments:

Blogger c'est la vie said...

Lol..very YOU..!!

May 10, 2006 1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LoL! Hope to see you sing RAP in one of fun MBA videos next year!

Given your choice of full-time, would you have considered applying to Haas full-time? Hope to read your thoughts on comparing Haas (full-time) with your other options.

Thanks, M.

May 10, 2006 1:38 PM  
Blogger MBABlogger said...

Hey this was great :)

May 10, 2006 11:56 PM  
Blogger Ash said...

any news from Stanford WL?
-ash

May 11, 2006 5:42 AM  
Blogger FooBarMe said...

This is a damn good post!!

May 11, 2006 9:55 AM  
Blogger MJ said...

congrats on the chicago decision! im sure you'll have a great time in the windy city.

i wanted to write something in rhyme but im too creatively challenged right now..

May 11, 2006 7:06 PM  
Blogger fromcali said...

Ha ha ha ha ha!
I'm glad you decided to withdraw the app - no need in continuing with the process if it's not for you. I withdrew my Haas full-time app once I got into my schools of choice b/c I realized that I only wanted to go to Haas because I wouldn't have to move.

May 13, 2006 12:00 AM  
Blogger chillpill said...

So someone's become a poet... But we surely relish your creative urges.

May 13, 2006 6:25 AM  
Blogger BombayDude said...

nice rhymes..GSB has a natural born emcee headed their way.. :)

May 13, 2006 11:43 PM  
Blogger PupStar78 said...

Nice new format... and I love the poetry form. Good luck with your impending decision.

May 14, 2006 7:02 PM  
Blogger Spanky said...

Any word from Stanford today? Are you still pursuing them? Good luck with whatever you choose!

May 15, 2006 2:49 PM  
Anonymous Ryan said...

Nice Post
:D

August 08, 2009 5:10 AM  
Blogger Atlanta English Institute said...

NICE BLOG!!! Your blog is very informative. Thanks for sharing.
Info about the GMAT exam, GMAT registration, study tips, prep materials.Check out here GMAT Preparation Course Atlanta & GMAT Courses Atlanta

August 13, 2015 3:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home