Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Talking in Rhymes

I have a friend who enjoys talking in rhymes. After my Haas interview, I sent him this fun note. (Yes - I am going full-time!)

"The interview was interesting,
Same yet different from the others.
Some things were missing,
And some things were covered.

"She asked the usual career questions,
But then I learned a few new lessons.
That part-time has a different quality,
I may have went in with the wrong mentality.

"'Why part-time over full-time?' she made me ponder,
I spewed out [my answer] about a corporate sponser.
But one thing I kept seeing branded in her eyes,
The words 'You're so young' had me hypnotized.

"The more I discovered the more I found,
That full-time programs I am definitely bound.
Every question I asked her she batted with a fist,
'Time is your limitation!' she repeated with no twist.

"A'las I stood up and shook her hand,
'Good day' and a nod I walked out of Haas land.
Without turning back I increased the gap,
With a quiet word, I will withdraw the app."

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LoL! Hope to see you sing RAP in one of fun MBA videos next year!

Given your choice of full-time, would you have considered applying to Haas full-time? Hope to read your thoughts on comparing Haas (full-time) with your other options.

Thanks, M.

May 10, 2006 1:38 PM  
Blogger MBABlogger said...

Hey this was great :)

May 10, 2006 11:56 PM  
Blogger Ash said...

any news from Stanford WL?
-ash

May 11, 2006 5:42 AM  
Blogger FooBarMe said...

This is a damn good post!!

May 11, 2006 9:55 AM  
Blogger MJ said...

congrats on the chicago decision! im sure you'll have a great time in the windy city.

i wanted to write something in rhyme but im too creatively challenged right now..

May 11, 2006 7:06 PM  
Blogger fromcali said...

Ha ha ha ha ha!
I'm glad you decided to withdraw the app - no need in continuing with the process if it's not for you. I withdrew my Haas full-time app once I got into my schools of choice b/c I realized that I only wanted to go to Haas because I wouldn't have to move.

May 13, 2006 12:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So someone's become a poet... But we surely relish your creative urges.

May 13, 2006 6:25 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

nice rhymes..GSB has a natural born emcee headed their way.. :)

May 13, 2006 11:43 PM  
Anonymous Ryan said...

Nice Post
:D

August 08, 2009 5:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

NICE BLOG!!! Your blog is very informative. Thanks for sharing.
Info about the GMAT exam, GMAT registration, study tips, prep materials.Check out here GMAT Preparation Course Atlanta & GMAT Courses Atlanta

August 13, 2015 3:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home