Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Mailing Lists, Mentors, and E-vites

We put so much energy into this entire process.
- GMAT (check)
- Essays (check)
- Recommendations (check)
- Interviews (check)

Which hopefully leads to an admit. (Check)

*You let your breath out.* With the congratulatory letter in your hand, all of a sudden you're wondering, "Is my work really over now? Has all the fun ended? Could all this work become just this single piece of paper??"

No. It's only the beginning.

Mail
Before, I would find myself staring at an empty inbox, furiously clicking the "Refresh" button in hopes of school application updates. Now - I've never seen so much mail in my life.

"Hello! My name is AAA. I'm so excited!! -AAA"

"Hi, I look forward to meeting everyone at school ZZZ!! -BBB"

"Sending hugs and kisses to all of you, my new buddies!! -CCC"

If this were a popularity contest, the e-mails do a good job in making you feel special. "(squeeks) You want to be best friends with little ol' me from the bay?? No way! Wow."

Mentors
The student & alumni mentors have been great with answering questions.

"Dear IWMI,

I will be your mentor. I’ve attached a picture of me and my wife (and my baby, my dog, my mother, my lover, my...).

If you have any questions about the school (or the attached picture), please feel free to contact me.

Regards,
DDD"


E-vites
And let's not forget all the parties.

"Get drunk with Dean EEE when she visits your town! Available one night only!"

"Come join school YYY at Admit Weekend where you can start building relationships and make love (not war) with your future business partners!"

Choices, choices... hmm...
On a serious note: It's been a difficult ride, yet fun. :-)

P.S. Thanks to Clear Admit for the BoB nomination. Really appreciate your organization going out of your way to hold contests for us - who are blogging, when we really should be working. :-P Just don't tell my manager. *wink*

12 Comments:

Blogger qzoink said...

Reminds me of your blog's headline, somewhat.

April 11, 2006 2:16 PM  
Blogger BigAppleNosh said...

Yay, you're back. By the way, your comment was hilarious! ;o)

April 11, 2006 3:21 PM  
Blogger brownoski said...

is Chicago your first choice?

April 11, 2006 5:42 PM  
Blogger Bschool Diva said...

Finally, a post! So are we going to Chicago?

April 11, 2006 7:43 PM  
Blogger MJ said...

who are blogging, when we really should be working. :-P Just don't tell my manager.

i take credit for single handedly adding blogs, businessweek and the wharton s2s boards to the blocked list in my company :). i can't post comments and blog from work anymore.

enjoy all the fawning and attention. you deserve it for all the hard work you put in!

April 11, 2006 8:05 PM  
Blogger Jerry Blank said...

i second "c'est la vie."

April 11, 2006 8:58 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

You are a tease. I was expecting a decision post!

April 11, 2006 9:30 PM  
Blogger Anuj said...

A post after such a long hiatus :)
Would be great if you can share your learning in mroe detail during the app process so that it makes my job a little easier :)
hope u r doing grt and having fun..

April 11, 2006 11:42 PM  
Blogger laserlikefocus said...

Hey welcome back. Good luck with the pleasant problem of making a decision :)

April 12, 2006 7:34 AM  
Blogger FooBarMe said...

Good to see you back.

April 12, 2006 2:53 PM  
Blogger qzoink said...

Yes, I was refering to Meyer's Law. It's a nice law! Speaking of fortune cookies, my advisor in school had a board outside his office where he put up all the fortunes he got.

Don't have much to report, just waiting for school's to make up their minds.

April 13, 2006 12:43 PM  
Anonymous finance assignment sample said...

A very good positive move for the students here almost forming the vital and evident piece prospects which are said to be important and this will even help them to initiate further in their career.

August 23, 2016 5:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home